Posted on March 4, 2013
The ABC’s of Less
Week # 8 – Letter “G” stands for Greg
It’s my “Year of Less“.
If anyone wants to follow in Jesus footsteps he must give up all rights to himself… then take up his cross and follow Him. For the man who wants to save his life will lose it… but the man who loses his life for Jesus sake will find it. For what good is it for a man to gain the whole world… but lose his soul?
Answer… absolutely none.
So how do I decrease… how do I become less?
I don’t have all the steps or answers… but here’s one idea… and I think this is where I’ll start.
Don’t cherish exaggerated ideas of myself or of my importance… but try to have a sane and accurate estimate of my capabilities that God has gifted to me
So here is my current “sane and accurate estimate of my capabilities”…
* I am often a rebellious child of God
* I am a slightly above average husband to Caroline
* I am more often than not an impatient father to Gunnar, Tygar, Stone, and Eden
* I am a leader, teacher, and lover of most people… but not all people
* I function well “in the world”, but not so much “in the institutional church”
* I am… at best… an average speaker and writer
* I am creative sometimes
* I am a risk taker and lover of adrenaline
* I can be generous at times
* I am only slightly wise… but definitely more of a “wise guy”
If you want to help me… do one of the following…
1) add to this list to give me a better perspective of myself
2) if you disagree with any of my statements… let me know… and why
Don’t worry… I’m a big boy… I can take it.
How about you? What is your “sane and accurate estimate of your capabilities”?
I must decrease for Jesus to increase.
The ABC’s of Less for 2013